Are you a Technical Support Analyst III who is keen, a go getter, and wants to work on interesting projects? Do you have experience with Windows and Active Directory environments, as well as Azure migration and Office365? Our client is an insurance company that has been a leading player in the Vancouver market for over 20 years. We love this company because of the stability, work life balance, and interesting work they offer their employees.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Technical Support Analyst III for a permanent position. The majority of the position will be focused on systems administration with some potential user support when the Tier 1 or Tier 2 teammates are unavailable.
Here is what you'll be doing on a day to day basis:
- Provide Tier I-III desktop/application/network troubleshooting and end-user support services for all internal and remote users
- Participate in maintenance planning and performance management activities when required, ensuring the system platforms meet service levels defined by the organization
- Manage desktop/server hardware, operating systems and host applications. This includes administration, installation, security and problem resolution.
- Manage system changes and tools. This includes installing, activating, verifying, and performing change back-out and recovery.
- Develop and monitor server/workstation backup and recovery procedures
- Maintain the company’s web-based point of sale architecture and websites (Microsoft IIS and Apache, WordPress)
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of systems and network infrastructure
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on all systems
- Assist in testing and maintenance of the IT disaster recovery procedures
- Support the company’s WAN/LAN data networks
- Administration of ShoreTel, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange, and CentOS/Linux/Unix
- Assist, coach and mentor junior TSG staff when required
- Occasional heavy lifting of technical equipment and infrastructure
Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- You have 5+ years experience in an infrastructure support environment
- Advanced knowledge of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Window Server/desktop operating systems
- Windows Active Directory Network environment
- DNS, DHCP and DFS
- Microsoft SQL database administration, support and query knowledge
- Microsoft Exchange
- Network infrastructure, TCP/IP, routing, client/server architectures, LAN, WAN, VPN, VLAN technology, wireless; 802.11a, g, n, etc.
- Desktop hardware and software including but not limited to Windows 10, Office 2016+, and Sophos antivirus products
- Microsoft Hyper-V Clustering
- Strong experience with working on Dell servers and RAID controllers
- Experience with Unitrends DPU, Hyper-V replication, SQL log shipping, Exchange DAG and relevant disaster recovery technologies
- Experience with switches, routers and site-to-site VPN technologies
- Experience with firewalls, intrusion detection and associated technologies
- Experience with MS Remote Desktop Gateway
- Experience with configuration and administration of Dell EqualLogic/Compellent SAN and iSCSI technologies
- Familiarity with IIS, S/FTP, SSL, load balancing and clustering
- Experience with network printing
- Experience with Apache Web
- Experience with MS 365, SharePoint admin, MS AZURE familiarity, MS Forms Automation
If you would like to explore this position further, please apply now!
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.