Are you a Software Engineering Manager who is looking to work on modern, sophisticated applications, using leading edge technologies? Our Client is the leader in their industry providing solutions for the global financial sector. We love this company because they have been recognized with numerous awards, is rapidly growing, and is located in a beautiful office in Gastown.
Our client has asked for our help in looking for a Software Engineering Manager for a permanent position. This is an opportunity to lead some of the best developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you are an experienced 2nd line manager who will lead a software organization, consisting of multiple teams that are responsible for delivering highly scalable distributed services and applications. You will act as the anchor for building a top-tier team that will transform Information Management through technology that is smart, sophisticated, user-centric, and highly scalable. Our client is building teams and a culture that respects the craft of software engineering, applying expertise to problems that really matter.????Here is the type of person we are looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience as a 2nd line Software Engineering Manager or Senior Manager overseeing an organization of 20 people or greater, including managing 1st line Managers or Leads
- 3+ years of experience as a hands-on 1st line Software Engineering Manager or a Team Lead, managing a team of 3 people or greater
- 8+ years of software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software, using multiple languages and frameworks
- Extensive people management experience, and experience aggressively recruiting for and building a software development organization
- Experience building and managing large, highly scalable distributed services, complex databases, microservices and API’s in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Experience with large complex databases and managing data quality and lifecycle issues
- Understanding of modern frameworks and techniques for building web application user interfaces
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Java or .Net Core
- Docker or Kubernetes
- CI/CD systems
- Big Data technology
- Security in an enterprise environment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at their company.
People are our passion. People are our profession.
Since 2010, SIGnature Recruiting has been pairing exceptional people with short-term contracts and long-term careers in Vancouver’s flourishing IT industry. We are specialists in IT Recruiting and pride ourselves in making valuable contributions to our clients and candidates.